Indigenous Advisory Panel
Our Indigenous Advisory Committee is composed of distinguished individuals from indigenous communities worldwide. The Panel advises Terralingua on how Terralingua’s work can strategically contribute to Indigenous Peoples’ cause to defend and sustain their biocultural heritage. Current Panel members are listed below:
- Stephen Greymorning Ph. D; Arapaho, US
- Aroha Mead; Maori, Aotearoa/New Zealand
- Priscilla Settee Ph. D; Cree, Canada
- Bernice Aquino See; Kankanaey Igorot, Philippines
- Johnson Ole Kaunga; Maasai, Kenya
- Sem Shikongo; Namibia
- Darryl Cronin; Australia
- Priscilla DeWet; Khoekhoe, South Africa
- Tirso Gonzales; Aymara, Peru
- Torkel Rasmussen; Samiland
- Anna Prakhova; Samiland
- Melissa Nelson; Turtle Mountain Chippewa, US
Scientific Advisory Panel
Our Science Advisory Panel is composed of eminent individuals in fields related to Terralingua’s purposes. The Panel advises Terralingua on research and other matters relevant to the overall direction of the organization. Current Panel members are listed below:
- Dr. E. Annamalai; Professor Emeritus of the Central Institute of Indian Languages (CIIL), Mysore, India.
- Dr. Anvita Abbi; Professor, Center of Linguistics and English, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India.
- Dr. Marie Battiste; Academic Director, Aboriginal Education Research Centre, Professor, Department of Educational Foundations, College of Education, University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Dr. Richard Benton; Director, Te Māra Reo Language Garden, Aotearoa, New Zealand.
- Dr. Nancy C. Dorian; Professor Emeritus of Linguistics in German and Anthropology, Bryn Mawr College, U.S.A.
- Dr. Joshua Fishman; Distinguished University Research Professor of Social Sciences, Emeritus (Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology), Yeshiva University, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Campus, Bronx, New York.
- Dr. François Grin; Professor, Director, Observatoire Économie―Langues―Formation, University of Geneva, Switzerland.
- Mr. David Harmon; Executive Director, The George Wright Society, U.S.A.
- James [Sakej] Youngblood Henderson; Professor and Research Director, Native Law Centre of Canada, College of Law, University of Saskatchewan.
- Dr. Michael Krauss; Professor Emeritus, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Former Director, Alaska Native Language Center, U.S.A.
- Dr. Martha Macri; Professor, Native American Studies, University of California, Davis, U.S.A.
- Dr. Ole-Henrik Magga; Sámi linguist, Politician, Kautokeino, Norway; Former President, Saami Parliament of Norway.
- Mr. Jeffrey A. McNeely; Chief Scientist IUCN – The World Conservation Union, Switzerland.
- Dr. Denny Moore; Researcher, Indigenous Linguistics of the Amazon program, Museu Goeldi, Brazil.
- Dr. Peter Mühlhäusler; Foundation Professor, Department of Linguistics, University of Adelaide, Australia.
- Dr. Gary Nabhan; Author, Research Scientist, Southwest Center of the University of Arizona, U.S.A.
- Dr. Andrew Pawley; Emeritus Professor, School of Culture, History & Language, College of Asia & the Pacific, Australian National University.
- Dr. Robert Phillipson; Research Professor, Department of English, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark.
- Dr. David J. Rapport; Principal, EcoHealth Consulting, Adjunct Professor, Royal Roads University, British Columbia, Canada
- Dr. Tove Shutnabb-Kangas; University of Roskilde, Department of Languages and Culture, Denmark.
- Dr. Victor M. Toledo; Professor, Instituto de Ecología, Departamento de Ecología y Recursos Naturales, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico.