- Cultural Vitality Article: Cultural Vitality. Resurgence Magazine 250: 10-11. Special Issue “Indigenous Intelligence: Diverse Solutions for the 21st Century”, September/October 2008. “This diversity of solutions itself offers the most poignant lesson to be learned from a biocultural perspective: that cultural diversity is not a matter of superficial, if aesthetically pleasing, exotic flavours; it is the deep ...
- In Defense of Difference § SEEDMAGAZINE.COM Interview by Terry Glavin, Seed Magaizine.
- 4th World Conservation Congress, Barcelona IUCN, Barcelona, 5-14 October 2008. Terralingua Collaborators Luisa Maffi, David Rapport, Ellen Woodley, David Harmon, and Jonathan Loh traveled to Barcelona, Spain to present Terralingua’s current projects and contribute to key resolutions in this IUCN congress. This is a historical event in field of biocultural diversity, as it was recognized by the IUCN (International Union ...
- Sustaining Cultural and Biological Diversity in a Rapidly Changing World: Lessons for Global Policy Co-organizers (with American Museum of Natural History and IUCN), international conference “Sustaining Cultural and Biological Diversity in a Rapidly Changing World: Lessons for Global Policy”. American Museum of Natural History, New York, 2-5 April 2008.
- Vanishing and Re-emerging: Reviving Biological and Cultural Diversity | A World of Possibilities Terralingua Collaborators interviewed in Radio Program during international conference on biocultural diversity held at the American Museum of Natural History in New York.
- Episode #27: Biocultural and Linguistic Diversity with Luisa Maffi » The Agroinnovations Podcast Podcast Interview, Part 1, With Luisa Maffi and Agroinnovatons.
- Episode #28: Conserving the World’s Languages with Luisa Maffi (Part II) » The Agroinnovations Podcast Podcast Interview, Part II, with Luisa Maffi and Agroinnovations.
- Talking Diversity Article: Talking Diversity, featured in IUCN’s World Conservation Magazine Issue 1, January 2008. By Luisa Maffi. Biodiversity and cultural diversity are
intimately—some would say inextricably—
related to each other. Humans have adapted
to life in particular environments, while
drawing resources from those environments
to sustain themselves. In so doing, they have
needed to acquire in-depth knowledge of
species, their relationships, and ecosystem