- Luisa Maffi interviewed by CBC Radio
- International Conference on Biological and Cultural Diversity
- Article: Biocultural Diversity: The True Web of Life. National Geographic News Blog
- Invited Lecture: Luisa Maffi , keynote speaker at the Trace Foundation’s fifth lecture series: Minority Languages in Today’s Global Society. Interdependent Diversities: The Relationship between Language, Culture, and Ecology. See the Videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB1766C93E1FE5213
- Intercultural exchange with the indigenous Rarámuri people from the Sierra Tarahumara in Northern Mexico
- Publication: Index of Linguistic Diversity (ILD), in the online journal, Language documentation and Conservation
- Presentation: Explorer’s Club
- Publication: Nature and Culture, Articles by Luisa Maffi and David Report “The dual erosion of biological and cultural diversity: Implications for the health of eco-cultural systems” The Duel Erosion of Biological and Cultural Diversity (.pdf), and Dave Harmon, Ellen Woodley, and Jonathan Loh, “Measuring status and trends in biological and cultural diversity”
- Langscape Volume II, Issue 7 The Winter issue of Langscape has been sent out to all members. If you are not a member and would like to receive a copy of this publication please consider joining our membership. To download back issues of this publication visit our publications page.
- Webinar Earthcast: Reconnecting Nature and Culture
This Earthcast was presented by the authors of Biocultural Diversity Conservation and Sacred Natural Sites and explored the important relationship people have with nature and how vital it is for the future of our natural world.
• Understand the concept of biocultural diversity• Learn how to integrate cultural and spiritual values into conservation, tourism and heritage ...
- Sanjay Khanna: Nature, Culture and Climate Change Sanjay Khanna interviews Luisa Maffi for the Huffington Post.
- 12th International Congress of Ethnobiology On May 9-14, 2010, Terralingua traveled to Tofino, British Columbia, Canada–in the heart of the territory of the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nations and in the Clayoquot Sound UNESCO Biosphere Reserve–for the 12th International Congress of Ethnobiology. We presented three sessions. This year’s congress was hosted by the Tofino Botanical Gardens Foundation.
- Talking to the clouds and listening to the trees – National Geographic News Watch
By David Braun
Tofino, Canada–Sometimes it really is a case of not being able to see the woods for the trees. Or is it the other way round?
I attended recently a congress of the International Society of Ethnobiology, in Tofino, Canada–guest of The Christensen Fund, a Canada-based charity that supports stewards of cultural and biological diversity.
- Restoring human cultures to the web of life – National Geographic News Watch David Braun, National Geographic News Watch interviews Luisa Maffi. This article contains a video of the interview.
- Biocultural Diversity Conservation: A Global Sourcebook Publication: Biocultural Diversity Conservation: A Global Sourcebook. Edited by Luisa Maffi and Ellen Woodley, Earthscan 2010. The material we present in this volume is the outcome of a project carried out over several years by Terralingua. In the course of this project, we conducted a worldwide survey to identify a representative sample of projects that ...
- The precious diversity of life, culture and language | WiserEarth Blog Interview with Kerry Vineburg, WiserEarth Blog.
Comments are closed.