- Biocultural Diversity, Language, and Environmental Endangerment – Panel discussion with Winona LaDuke, Luisa Maffi, and K. David Harrison April 10, 2012Winona LaDuke is a Native American activist, environmentalist, and writer, with books including The Militarization of Indian Country (2011), Recovering the Sacred: the Power of Naming and Claiming (2005), All our Relations: Native Struggles for Land and Life (1999), and a novel – Last Standing Woman (1997). K. David Harrison is Associate Professor and Chair ...
- Luisa Maffi | Biocultural Diversity – Cultures Are No Museum Specimens | The European Magazine April 10, 2012Should we care about biological and cultural diversity even if its decline does not affect us? Martin Eiermann talked with the anthropologist and linguist Luisa Maffi about the value of diversity, ecological resilience and an environmentalist’s commitment to humanism.
- Terralingua’s Index of Linguistic Diversity on National Geographic News Watch March 4, 2011Language Diversity Index Tracks Global Loss of Mother Tongues.
David Braun of National Geographic News Watch interviewed Maffi, David Harmon, and Jonathan Loh about the Index of Linguistic Diversity. “For the past several years, we had been hearing anecdotal reports about endangered languages–how we’re losing languages by the day, how we may lose 50-90 percent of ...
- Do indigenous peoples hold the key to tackling global hunger? – The Ecologist February 22, 2011Competition for land, water and energy are increasing, exacerbated by climate change and a growing population. But why does the Food and Agriculture Organisation now believe indigenous people could provide a solution? Peter Giovannini investigates. Contains interview excerpts with Luisa Maffi.
- Sanjay Khanna: Nature, Culture and Climate Change July 28, 2010Sanjay Khanna interviews Luisa Maffi for the Huffington Post.
- Talking to the clouds and listening to the trees – National Geographic News Watch June 17, 2010
By David Braun
Tofino, Canada–Sometimes it really is a case of not being able to see the woods for the trees. Or is it the other way round?
I attended recently a congress of the International Society of Ethnobiology, in Tofino, Canada–guest of The Christensen Fund, a Canada-based charity that supports stewards of cultural and biological diversity.
- Restoring human cultures to the web of life – National Geographic News Watch June 1, 2010David Braun, National Geographic News Watch interviews Luisa Maffi. This article contains a video of the interview.
- The precious diversity of life, culture and language | WiserEarth Blog January 27, 2010Interview with Kerry Vineburg, WiserEarth Blog.
- The need to keep languages alive September 21, 2009Interview on language maintenance, by Craig and Mark Kielburner, thestar.com
- In Defense of Difference § SEEDMAGAZINE.COM October 7, 2008Interview by Terry Glavin, Seed Magaizine.
- Vanishing and Re-emerging: Reviving Biological and Cultural Diversity | A World of Possibilities April 7, 2008Terralingua Collaborators interviewed in Radio Program during international conference on biocultural diversity held at the American Museum of Natural History in New York.
- Episode #27: Biocultural and Linguistic Diversity with Luisa Maffi » The Agroinnovations Podcast March 6, 2008Podcast Interview, Part 1, With Luisa Maffi and Agroinnovatons.
- Episode #28: Conserving the World’s Languages with Luisa Maffi (Part II) » The Agroinnovations Podcast March 5, 2008Podcast Interview, Part II, with Luisa Maffi and Agroinnovations.
- Modern Languages /Geographical Magazine April 7, 2007Interview with Geographical Magazine, with Charles Furniss and Luisa Maffi.
- Extinction of Languages Puts Plants and Animals at Risk | LiveScience August 11, 2006Interview with Luisa Maffi, by Corey Binns, LiveScience.com
- Say No More – NYTimes.com February 29, 2004This Article contains and interview excerpt from Luisa Maffi.